Who is it for?
This course is designed for individuals seeking to gain the skills and confidence to coach and mentor others as part of their normal role at the workplace. It’s also the ideal starting point for a career in coaching and mentoring.
Target learner profile
- Industrial Psychologists and HR practitioners
- Managers as workplace coaches
- Individuals starting a career in coaching and mentoring
- Individuals starting a coaching practice
Benefits to participants
- Learn how to develop people with powerful brain-based coaching and mentoring tools
- Understand neuroscience and approach and avoid states
- Confidence to coach effectively
- Tools for succession planning
- Personal development
- The ability to grow both individuals and teams more effectively
- Explore coaching and mentoring models such as A.R.R.O.W and the mentoring relationship model
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching and mentoring ability
Benefits to employers
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture within organisations
- Ensure the individuals you develop are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Improve absenteeism
- Increase employee responsibility
- Implement succession planning
- Develop diversity in the workplace
Structure of the programme
- Introduction to basic neuroscience
- Introduction to what coaches and mentors do
- Understanding good practice in workplace coaching and mentoring and the processes of coaching and mentoring
- Understand the qualities and abilities individuals need to be effective in this role
- The environment of business in which coaching and mentoring takes place
- Coaching and mentoring ethics in business
- Certificate of attendance will be issued to those participants who successfully meet the course criteria
- Want to be a certified coach and mentor? Successfully complete the assignments and you can become an international certified coach and mentor.
- Price R 26 500 p/p
- 18 SIOPSA accredited CPD points
- 6 months to complete
Requirements to complete
- Online training
- Evidence of coaching and mentoring hours (12 hours each), log and signed by client
- Coach supervision
- Preparation and presentation of personal development plan
- Minimum: Matric certificate
- Potential candidates should have four years experience in working for an organisation
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlene is a brain researcher, executive coach and strategist with working experience both in the private and government sectors. She has 20 years of relevant work experience which ranges across the fields of business and people development. She uses coaching and neuroscience methodologies in her executive coaching and leadership development programmes.
She has helped teams within companies to coach for better team cohesion and less conflict, strategies for extraordinary profits, and lead effectively in change. She has developed internationally accredited Coaching and Mentoring programmes for workplace coaches and mentors, and Leadership and Management programmes for first-time, middle and senior managers. These programmes are offered to corporate clients. She has also taught Organisational Behavior (honors level) at the University of Western Cape.
Her client portfolio includes Clicks, Absa (Business Banking and Retail), Old Mutual, Transnet, Western Cape Government (Department of the Premier, Transport & Public Works, Healthcare, Policy & Planning, Economic Development & Tourism, Chief Directorate People Management, WCCN, Internal Audit, DEDAT, CDW, SASSA), FNB Business, Faurecia, YPO (Young Presidents Organisation) and UWC (University of Western Cape).
She holds a Ph.D (University of Cape Town), MBA degree (University of Wales), Certificate in EEG Bio/Neurofeedback, and is an Associate Certified Coach (International Coach Federation).